Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to She Cooks With Books

Reading and food are two of life's greatest pleasures. I'll add in travel, but hey, some of the best parts of travel are that you get to read about it in advance and eat when you get there!

I peruse cookbooks on the couch, gobble novels on the subway, and am always cooking...food, ideas, etc.

One of my passions is feeding others, my friends and my family. Many of these others have various dietary restrictions such as Celiac disease, vegan or veggie, kosher-esque (that's me - this blog is a no pork zone. we also won't have no cheeseburgerz!) or just plain don't like things, and I always want to make sure that they find something good at my table.

I also love to teach others how to cook. I think this is best accomplished by teaching techniques, not recipes. I sometimes get very fancy in my kitchen throwdowns, but I am convinced that with an initial investment of $50 or the present contents of most kitchens anyone can cook yummy food.

Thanks so much for coming to check out my blog, and please send me suggestions, requests, tips and treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment